The Harry Potter Advent Calendar is an easy do it yourself decoration and daily activity to share with you children while counting down to Christmas.
My theme for the 12 Days of Holiday Ideas is the Yule Ball from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This Advent Calendar compliments the theme with the neutral bags used to hold the goodies for each day plus holiday red tags and white ribbon.
My decor and recipes for the 12 Days of Holiday Ideas all fit around this theme. Be sure to subscribe to see all the ideas and throw your own Harry Potter Yule Ball inspired Christmas!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
12 Days of Holiday Ideas
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
How To Make the Harry Potter Advent Calendar
I want to thank BurlapFabric for sponsoring the #12DaysofChristmasIdeas event and this craft. In exchange for sharing this craft, I received 24 burlap bags from BurlapFabric to use. All thoughts, ideas, crafts, pictures, and opinions contained within this post are solely my own and not necessarily that of the sponsor.
- 3"x 4" Natural Burlap Bag with drawstring 2 (12 pks) Model: B979-02 from BurlapFabric
- Red card stock
- White card stock
- white ribbon
- Harry Potter House Crests
- Large letter stickers
- cork board
- number punches
- Xyron create a sticker
- Iron the natural burlap bags so they are free of wrinkles
- Using the large alphabet stickers, placing one letter per bag, spell Happy Christmas.
- Use glue dots, place the Hogwarts House crests on four of the burlap bags.
- You can leave the remaining bags blank.
- Using the tag punch, create 24 tags with the red card stock.
- Using the number punch set, create numbers 1 through 24 using the white card stock.
- Using the Xyron create a sticker, feed the numbers through to apply adhesive to the back of the numbers. Then place the appropriate number on each tag, making sure you have one for every number from 1 to 24.
- Thread a six inch piece of white ribbon through each tag.
- Line up the burlap bags in order on a large table. Starting with the first, tie tag 1 onto the left hand tie. Repeat this process through number 24.
- Pin the bags to your cork board ensuring there is enough space between each to see the letters. The tags will hang over the letters. I pinned 1 through 11 on the top row, 12 through 20 on the second row, and 21 through 24 on the third row.
- Insert your treats into each bag. Enjoy.
You will need to get some goodies to fill your advent calendar. I recommend the following Harry Potter treats.
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.