The Harry Potter Advent Calendar is an easy do it yourself decoration and daily activity to share with you children while counting down to Christmas.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
My theme for the 12 Days of Holiday Ideas is the Yule Ball from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This Advent Calendar compliments the theme with the neutral bags used to hold the goodies for each day plus holiday red tags and white ribbon.
My decor and recipes for the 12 Days of Holiday Ideas all fit around this theme. Be sure to subscribe to see all the ideas and throw your own Harry Potter Yule Ball inspired Christmas!
12 Days of Holiday Ideas
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
How To Make the Harry Potter Advent Calendar
I want to thank BurlapFabric for sponsoring the #12DaysofChristmasIdeas event and this craft. In exchange for sharing this craft, I received 24 burlap bags from BurlapFabric to use. All thoughts, ideas, crafts, pictures, and opinions contained within this post are solely my own and not necessarily that of the sponsor.
- 3″x 4″ Natural Burlap Bag with drawstring 2 (12 pks) Model: B979-02 from BurlapFabric
- Red card stock
- White card stock
- white ribbon
- Harry Potter House Crests
- Large letter stickers
- cork board
- Iron the natural burlap bags so they are free of wrinkles
- Using the large alphabet stickers, placing one letter per bag, spell Happy Christmas.
- Use glue dots, place the Hogwarts House crests on four of the burlap bags.
- You can leave the remaining bags blank.
- Using the tag punch, create 24 tags with the red card stock.
- Using the number punch set, create numbers 1 through 24 using the white card stock.
- Using the Xyron create a sticker, feed the numbers through to apply adhesive to the back of the numbers. Then place the appropriate number on each tag, making sure you have one for every number from 1 to 24.
- Thread a six inch piece of white ribbon through each tag.
- Line up the burlap bags in order on a large table. Starting with the first, tie tag 1 onto the left hand tie. Repeat this process through number 24.
- Pin the bags to your cork board ensuring there is enough space between each to see the letters. The tags will hang over the letters. I pinned 1 through 11 on the top row, 12 through 20 on the second row, and 21 through 24 on the third row.
- Insert your treats into each bag. Enjoy.
You will need to get some goodies to fill your advent calendar. I recommend the following Harry Potter treats.
The giveaway has ended and the prize awarded. Please check back for future giveaway opportunities.
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.