Welcome to the Halloween movie #FoodNFlix Challenge! For the month of October we will be working on recipes inspired by our favorite Halloween movies.
Halloween has always been a season of fun at our home. I must admit that we do more of a cute Halloween than a scary one, but we enjoy a few scares as well. My son’s birthday is on Halloween and that has made it even more fun for us. We even attended Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood for his birthday and had a fantastic time.
There are so many Halloween movies to choose from, the options are limitless. You can choose family friendly, spooky, scary, and just plain bloody and creepy. The choice is up to you!
Here is a list of Halloween movies to get your creative juices started.
- Hocus Pocus
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Goosebumps 2
- Corpse Bride
- The Goonies
- Haunted Mansion
- Hotel Transylvania
- Sleepy Hollow
- Harry Potter
- The Addams Family
- Addams Family Values
- Monster House
- It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
How to participate in Food ‘n Flix:
- Watch any Halloween movie. Buy it, rent it, borrow it – matters not. Just set aside a couple of hours a month to sit back, relax, and be inspired! If you’ve seen it before, try watching it again with your “foodie” glasses on.
- Taking inspiration from the movies, make something creative!
- Post a new blog post and include a link to Halloween #FoodNFlix Challenge and a link to Food ‘n Flix. Talk a little bit about the movie – why you enjoyed or disliked it (and note, it’s okay to dislike the chosen movie and still participate). Talk about the food inspiration you found. The discussion is half of the fun.
- OR post a photo of your finished dish on Instagram (public accounts only) and include in the caption: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix, #HalloweenMovieFood and tag @simplyinspiredmeals1554
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
- Include Food ‘n Flix Submission in the header
- Send your blog name, recipe name and link to the recipe
- Add a photo or permission to pull one from your post
- The deadline is October 30, 2020
- Watch for the roundup to be posted shortly after this deadline!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.