The Disneyland Hotel holds a “Trick or Tea” and the menu includes Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries. The tea menu uses Nightmare Before Christmas as inspiration for their strawberries. One of the strawberries looks like Jack Skellington’s head (except it’s orange) and the other looks like his suit.
I wanted to try my hand and the Jack Skellington head strawberry as well as dipping a few others with Halloween sprinkles and drizzle. I really love how they turned out. These are perfect for dessert or as shown above, as part of a wonderful Halloween themed tea party.
Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 1 carton large strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 20 black candy melts
- Assorted Halloween sprinkles
- Melt white chocolate by placing in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 50% power for 30 seconds, stirring between each heating to ensure it is completely melted. This should take between 45 and 60 seconds total.
- Dip the berries almost to the top, keeping the green in tact so you have something to hold. Place on parchment on a baking sheet.
- If you plan to cover with sprinkles, dip or sprinkle while the chocolate is wet.
- For the berries you plan to add a face or other design, let chocolate set completely (placing in the refrigerator will make this faster).
- Repeat with dark chocolate.
- When the chocolate has set, melt black candy melts in a disposable decorating bag and heat in microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Knead the candy around in the bag, and heat again for 15 to 30 seconds. Your candy should be completed melted now, be sure to knead the bag to ensure there are no lumps.
- Cut the tip off the bag and pipe the designs desired onto your strawberries. When done, put the berries in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- Best served the day these are made.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Melting Wafers - 10oz
Ghirardelli Chocolate White Candy Making Wafers, 10 Ounce
Wilton Black Candy Melts, 10-Ounce
Wilton 710-593 Halloween Nonpareils
Wilton Candy Eyeballs,0.88 Ounce,Count of 50
Ghost buster Gluten GMO Nut Dairy Soy Free Cake Decoration
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.