For my second savory menu item in this months Theme of the Month Menu Hogwarts Tea Party, I decided on Gryffindor Turkey Cranberry Crostini. I love using homemade cranberry sauce as it has such a beautiful red color and tastes better than canned cranberry. If you cannot find fresh or frozen cranberries, the canned can be substituted, but I definitely recommend making it homemade if possible. It is actually quite easy to make homemade cranberry sauce. Combine cranberries, water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer for about ten minutes. Cool until ready to use. Use your homemade cranberry sauce to top the baguette pieces and turkey for an easy but tasty meal addition.
You can learn a lot about the Gryffindor house at Pottermore.
Gryffindor Turkey Cranberry Crostini Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 baguette, cut into thin 1/4" slices
- 1 lb. turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 10 oz. brie cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay bread rounds on baking sheet, brush with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Spread brie onto each slice of bread. Add a bit of turkey and top with a dollop of fresh cranberry sauce. If desired, add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve immediately while warm.
Cranberry Sauce from Ocean Spray.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 9g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.