This month’s Food ‘n Flix Club movie is Ghostbusters and I came up with a Ghostbusters Rice Krispy Treat. I was inspired to make this due to the reference of marshmallows both in the recent movie as well as the original. The only food seen in this movie is really pizza, sandwiches and really bad wonton soup. So I started thinking pizza and marshmallows and suddenly a rice krispy pizza sounded like the perfect fit.
I used this image (click here) to use as my outline and guide for piping the Ghostbusters Logo onto the Ghostbusters Rice Krispy Treat.
Ghostbusters Rice Krispy Treat Recipe
Rice Krispy Treats
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 10-1/2 oz. miniature marshmallows or large marshmallows
- 6 cups KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
- Red candy melts
- Black candy melts
- Red M&M chocolate candies
Rice Krispy Treats
- Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add marshmallows; cook until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal; mix well.
- Press onto bottom of greased 10 inch springform pan. You will have more than you need, so you can also fill a 9x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cool completely.
- Remove rice krispy treat from the springform pan and place on decorative plate.
- Print the template before starting. Cut around the outer edge of the image. Lay the image gently on top of your cooled rice krispy treat.
- Prepare piping bag with red candy melts and separate bag of black candy melts by heating in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds on 50% power. For me, this took a total of 60 seconds per piping bag.
- Pipe the black candy melts around the head and hands of the ghost. Pipe using the red around the outer edges of the "No" sign.
- Remove the template and using freehand pipe the ghost using the template as your guide.
- Once the ghost has been completed, pipe the inside details of the "No" sign. Fill using the piping bag and spread evening with a knife.
- Complete the design by using M&Ms to outline the red "No" sign both on the outer edge and the inside edge.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Rice Krispy Treats from Kraft
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for later!
Food ‘n Flix Club
I enjoyed participating in the club and watching the new version of Ghostbusters. While I will always prefer the original, this movie was fun and I loved the cameos by almost the entire original cast. I also thought the opening ghost scene was very creepy! I look forward to future Food ‘n Flix challenges.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.