Today I’m sharing something truly unique and fun. I’m sharing with you my son’s hobbies and how he gets into the spirit of Christmas with his hobbies. He is getting ready for Christmas on the trails!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
My son has a number of hobbies and two of them include 3D printing and custom remote control car and truck builds. Individuals who are into these hobbies do all sorts of things to bring the environment for their cars to life, including building scale “tracks” for them to run, scale garages and decorations. There are some pictures he’s shown me where you could hardly tell it wasn’t a full sized vehicle. Below is a picture of his Jeep before he added any decorations.
He built this RC Jeep to mimic a Jeep my family had when we were growing up.
Part of bringing the hobby to life for my son is to decorate his vehicles for Christmas. We took a trip to Michael’s and the local dollar store to find some supplies to decorate his RC Jeep. He ended up using garland connectors, a string of lights and some ribbon.
First he trimmed the garland connectors so the needles were not so long. Then he used a drill and twisted the garland connectors so that they would fluff up and to bring them into scale with his build. He attached these by twisting them around his roll bar and his tow bar in front. He was careful to attach them in such a way as to ensure the RC car can still be driven.
Next he had to modify the light string as it was way too long and the lights were spaced out too far. He again used the drill to twist the light string. It turned out amazing. He then used very thin pieces of tape to attach the lights around the bottom edge and up around the radiator grill.
He added a small hand made bow to the front of the Jeep. This was quite tricky to do as the bow is so small. When he was done, he added a small decorated tree into the backseat of the Jeep.
This is the perfect decoration for my son’s room. In addition, it’s something he uses for fun in our backyard or on the trails with his friends who also enjoy this hobby. I think it turned out fantastic!
Festive Christmas Ideas
This is day eight of our Festive Christmas Event where we team up with a bunch of talented blogging friends to bring you a plethora of creative ways to celebrate your holiday season. We will be baking some cookie recipes for you, sharing some party games, making some handmade gifts, doing some ornament crafting, and sharing our Christmas movies family fun. There will be breakfast recipes and as always our decorated Christmas Trees which is always a fun tour of homes.
You will find new ideas every Monday and Wednesday between Oct. 19th through Nov. 18th. Scroll all the way down to find all the ideas linked at the end.
In case you missed it, check out our other Festive Christmas Ideas!
- Day 1 – Gift Guide for Disney Lovers
- Day 2 – Fandom Cookbooks Gift Guide
- Day 3 – Christmas Cookies in a Jar with Free Printable
- Day 4 – Christmas Movies Word Search
- Day 5 – Disney Holiday Cookie Ornament Craft
- Day 6 – Santa Claus is Coming To Town Movie Night
- Day 7 – Mickey Mouse Christmas Tree
Festive Christmas Day 8 – Christmas Decor
- Christmas Joy Decor Across The Blvd.
- Decorating with Buffalo Plaid Christmas Tree Lane
- DIY Bell Christmas Garland Farm Girl Reformed
- DIY Christmas Gnome Craft Rocker
- DIY Grinch Wreath From House To Home
- DIY Milk Carton Christmas Village Little Vintage Cottage
- DIY Red and White Christmas Wreath Domestically Creative
- DIY Wood Christmas Decorations Blogghetti
- Dollar Store Picture Frame Snowman Creative Cynchronicity
- Easy Glamping Christmas Mantel Decor An Alli Event
- Festive Mini Christmas Signs Domestic Deadline
- Free Christmas Printables Polka Dot Poplars
- Getting Ready for Christmas on the Trails from Simply Inspired Meals (this post)
- Giant Animal Crossing Money Bags for Gifts My Pinterventures
- Gingerbread House Christmas Garland Tikkido
- How to Decorate a Snowy Christmas Window Mom Home Guide
- How To Easily Make Farmhouse Christmas Ornaments My Humble Home and Garden
- Make This Festive Glittery Pom Pom Cone Christmas Tree Intelligent Domestications
- Neutral Farmhouse DIY Christmas Centerpiece for the Kitchen Pretty DIY Home
- Red, White & Gray Christmas Entry Table Eye Love Knots
- Repurposed Cabinet Door Christmas Signs Interior Frugalista
- String Art Trees As For Me and My Homestead
- Tabletop Christmas Decor Purple Hues and Me
- Ugly Sweater Wreath Coffee With Us 3
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.