Galaxy Slow Cooker Tacos are inspired by Summer of Heroes at Disney’s California Adventure “The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy“. Just add green onion slaw, purple cabbage and salsa. The version at Disney was served with green tortillas, buy you can use flour or corn tortillas. The recipe is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy.
To prepare the beef, cut the beef into bit sized pieces. Combine the spices and sprinkle over the beef. Brown the beef in a large skillet, it will take about five minutes. Place the beef in a slow cooker. Whisk together the broth, tomato paste and the rest of the spice mixture and pour over the beef. Cook on high for four hours or low for eight hours. When done, shred the beef with two forks. Stir the shredded beef back into the liquid in the slow cooker to keep warm. Serve with tortillas, shredded purple cabbage, green onion slaw and salsa.
Galaxy Slow Cooker Tacos Recipe
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 pounds beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ cup water with one beef broth cube or ¾ cup beef broth
- 6 tbsp. tomato sauce
- flour or corn tortillas
- green onion slaw
- purple cabbage
- To prepare beef: Combine chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle beef with 2 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- Place beef in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Whisk broth, tomato paste and the remaining spice mixture together and pour over the beef.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours. Shred the beef with 2 forks and stir back into the liquid.
- Serve the beef with tortillas, salsa and any other toppings you like.
Taco recipe adapted from Eating Well
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 787mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 78g
Pin for later!
This month Culinary Adventures with Camilla is hosting Fandom Foodies (#FandomFoodies) month long challenge to make a recipe inspired by the Marvel Universe (#MarvelUniverseEats) to celebrate the release of The Avengers: Endgame. We can make anything, somethings directly from the movies or comics or just something inspired by the characters or story, she asked us to be creative! To check out all the “marvelous” recipes the Fandom Foodies have come up with, visit Camilla’s announcement post here.
Marvel Inspired Recipes
If you like recipes inspired by the Marvel Universe be sure to check these out.
- Thor Viking Cupcake
- Captain America Berry Tart
- Infinity Stone Overnight Oatmeal
- Galaxy Slow Cooker Tacos
- Brownie Berry Dessert Pizza
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.