#FoodnFlix Challenge: The Incredibles
Welcome to the FoodnFlix Challenge: The Incredibles! For the month of June we will be working on recipes inspired by the animated Pixar/Disney movie The Incredibles or the new Incredibles 2 movie that is opening on June15th. The Incredibles is such a fun movie! There is a lot of food inspiration in the family meals, but these are such amazing characters that you can definitely use them and their talents as inspiration as well.
The movie synopsis per Disney,
Known to the world as superheroes Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl, Bob Parr and his wife Helen were among the world’s greatest crime fighters, saving lives and battling evil on a daily basis. Fifteen years later, they have been forced to adopt civilian identities and retreat to the suburbs to live “normal” lives with their three kids, Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack. Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top secret assignment.Disney Movies
The Incredibles 2
The long awaited sequel, The Incredibles 2, is coming out on June 15th and I thought it would be fun to come up with some inspired recipes to celebrate the new movie. I can hardly wait to see it!
The movie synopsis is “Helen is called on to help bring Supers back, while Bob navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home”.
Disney offers a fun activity book for kids, you can get it here.
Ready to Participate?
- Watch the movie The Incredibles or The Incredibles 2. Buy it, rent it, borrow it – matters not. Just set aside a couple of hours a month to sit back, relax, and be inspired! If you’ve seen it before, try watching it again with your “foodie” glasses on.
- Taking inspiration from the movies, make something incredible!
- Post a new blog post and include a link to this post and a link to Food ‘n Flix. Talk a little bit about the movie – why you enjoyed or disliked it (and note, it’s okay to dislike the chosen movie and still participate). Talk about the food inspiration you found. The discussion is half of the fun – getting so many different opinions and thoughts on the same film.
- OR post a photo of your finished dish on Instagram (public accounts only) and include in the caption: short intro, recipe, #FoodnFlix, #IncrediblesFood and tag @simplyinspiredmeals1554
- E-mail [email protected] and cc [email protected]
- Include Food ‘n Flix Submission in the header
- Include your blog name, recipe name and link to the recipe
- Include a photo or permission to pull one from your post
- The deadline is June 29, 2018
- Watch for the roundup to be posted shortly after this deadline!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.