Flo’s V8 Café Oat Bran Muffin is a healthy option while eating at the Disneyland Resort. While their muffin served at the resort is small, this recipe is for full sized muffins and are delicious, in addition to being good for you.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
Flo’s V8 Cafe Oat Bran Muffin Recipe
Eating healthy at Disneyland is an option if you head over to Flo’s Café in Cars Land for breakfast. They offer a seasonal fruit plate that is served with an oat bran muffin. Some of the fruits included in the fruit plate are cantaloupe, honeydew melon, grapes and strawberries. They also include a low-fat yogurt to complete the meal.
- 2 cups oat bran (from Cracklin’ Oat Bran cereal)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a food processor, grind oat bran cereal until it is crumbs, somewhat like a coarse flour. Measure out 2 cups of the crumbs.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Mix together applesauce, eggs and vegetable oil in a separate bowl with a spatula.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes. Use a toothpick in the center to make sure they are fully cooked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
Enjoy other fantastic muffin recipes from Simply Inspired Meals.
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.