I saw these Fiesta Confetti Cupcakes on the Fiesta blog and just couldn’t resist giving them a try. I discovered, or rather re-discovered Fiesta dishes earlier this year. I always remembered that my dad had a favorite yellow plate when he was growing up; it was a Fiesta plate. They no longer make the yellow he had but I always remember the plate with fond memories. Earlier this year I started looking into colored dishes that could be mixed and matched and I wanted something made in the USA and re-discovered Fiesta. I have to admit, I’m now getting a bit obsessed. I have started collecting and I’m really enjoying the quality of the dishes and the fun colors.
While searching on the Fiesta blog, I found many recipes and this one stood out. While I don’t yet have a full collection of Fiesta ramekins, I do have some older white ones that I used for this recipe. I think you could easily make these in small cups or mugs as well.
The recipe is really easy and fast and yummy. My family devoured them quickly. And the other great thing is that you don’t have a ton of cake around since this makes four servings. I sometimes like the idea of having cake but don’t want 24 cupcakes in the house. This is a nice solution. I hope you will give them a try as well. Enjoy!
Fiesta Confetti Cupcakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 3 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 1/2 tbsp. milk, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 4 Ramekins with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a Small Baking Bowl. Whisk together.
- Add melted butter to a Medium Baking Bowl and mix in sugar with hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Add eggs one at at time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately. Stir in sprinkles. Divide batter among Ramekins. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, combine the confectioners sugar, butter, milk, the vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- If the frosting is dry, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks. Makes about 2 cups.
- Add sprinkles on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 907Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 156gFiber: 1gSugar: 133gProtein: 7g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.