Favorite Sugar Cookies
These Sugar Cookies are a family favorite! I’ve been making these cookies my entire life, starting with my mom and grandmother when I was very young. We’ve continued the tradition with our kids as well and I hope it’s a recipe they want to make with their children someday.
We make these cookies many times every year. These get created for most holidays and special events. We have a big collection of cookie cutters so we can make a big variety of shapes.
Favorite Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening, not butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Cream shortening and sugar well. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Chill dough at least 3 hours but best if chilled over night.
- Roll to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured pastry canvas.
- Cut cookies with floured cookie cutters. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.