This month for the Eat The World Challenge we selected Puerto Rico. I decided to look to Epcot at Walt Disney World for inspiration. There has been a Puerto Rico booth often at the Food and Wine Festival. One of the popular items from the festival is the Frozen Torched Cherry Colada.
I found mention of this drink on the Disney Food Blog as one of their favorite menu items at the festival.
The drink is tart and tropical, a nice twist on a standard Pina Colada. It is super easy to make and great by the poolside! It will make you feel like you are on vacation. This is a perfect summer drink for your weekend or gathering.
This recipe is a cocktail and therefore only for folks over 21. You could easily leave out the rum and still have a delicious mock-tail for those who prefer not to have alcohol or for the under 21 crowd at your get together.
Puerto Rico #EatTheWorld Recipe Challenge
Check out all the wonderful Puerto Rican dishes prepared by fellow Eat the World members and share with #eattheworld. Click here to find out how to join and have fun exploring a country a month in the kitchen with us!
- Arroz con Tocino (Puerto Rican Rice with Bacon) by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Classic Pina Colada Recipe by Kitchen Frau
- Empanadillas de Carne by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Epcot Frozen Torched Cherry Colada by Simply Inspired Meals
- Marrallo by Sharanya Palanisshami
- Mango Piraguas by Literature and Limes
- Pastelon, a Puerto Rican Plantain Lasagna by CulturEatz
- Patacones or Tostones (Fried Green Plantains)by House of Nash Eats
- Pernil – Puerto Rican Crispy Roast Pork by Pandemonium Noshery
- Pinchos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sofrito Rice by Palatable Pastime
Epcot Frozen Torched Cherry Colada Recipe
- 10 oz. can Bacardi Frozen Pina Colada mix
- 1 cup Bacardi Light Rum
- 1 cup Cherry juice
- 1 cup Sprite
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass with a straw.
I could not find the Bacardi Torched Cherry Rum on their website or in the store so I used Bacardi Light Rum.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
To see other recipes I’ve created for the Eat The World Challenges, check out these tasty dishes.
- Disney Copycat Churros from Mexico
- Fruit Leather aka Tklapi from Georgia
- Wizarding World Beef and Guinness Stew from England
- Halloween Soul Cakes from Ireland
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.