This month for the Eat The World Challenge we selected Puerto Rico. I decided to look to Epcot at Walt Disney World for inspiration. There has been a Puerto Rico booth often at the Food and Wine Festival. One of the popular items from the festival is the Frozen Torched Cherry Colada.
I found mention of this drink on the Disney Food Blog as one of their favorite menu items at the festival.
The drink is tart and tropical, a nice twist on a standard Pina Colada. It is super easy to make and great by the poolside! It will make you feel like you are on vacation. This is a perfect summer drink for your weekend or gathering.
This recipe is a cocktail and therefore only for folks over 21. You could easily leave out the rum and still have a delicious mock-tail for those who prefer not to have alcohol or for the under 21 crowd at your get together.
Puerto Rico #EatTheWorld Recipe Challenge
Check out all the wonderful Puerto Rican dishes prepared by fellow Eat the World members and share with #eattheworld. Click here to find out how to join and have fun exploring a country a month in the kitchen with us!
- Arroz con Tocino (Puerto Rican Rice with Bacon) by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Classic Pina Colada Recipe by Kitchen Frau
- Empanadillas de Carne by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Epcot Frozen Torched Cherry Colada by Simply Inspired Meals
- Marrallo by Sharanya Palanisshami
- Mango Piraguas by Literature and Limes
- Pastelon, a Puerto Rican Plantain Lasagna by CulturEatz
- Patacones or Tostones (Fried Green Plantains)by House of Nash Eats
- Pernil – Puerto Rican Crispy Roast Pork by Pandemonium Noshery
- Pinchos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sofrito Rice by Palatable Pastime
Epcot Frozen Torched Cherry Colada Recipe
- 10 oz. can Bacardi Frozen Pina Colada mix
- 1 cup Bacardi Light Rum
- 1 cup Cherry juice
- 1 cup Sprite
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass with a straw.
I could not find the Bacardi Torched Cherry Rum on their website or in the store so I used Bacardi Light Rum.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
To see other recipes I’ve created for the Eat The World Challenges, check out these tasty dishes.
- Disney Copycat Churros from Mexico
- Fruit Leather aka Tklapi from Georgia
- Wizarding World Beef and Guinness Stew from England
- Halloween Soul Cakes from Ireland
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.