Disney’s Pumpkin Soup
Disney’s Pumpkin Soup is the third recipe in our Holiday Side Dish week comes from Epcot’s Sunshine Seasons restaurant in Walt Disney World. When we visited the Living with The Land attraction on our trip to Florida, we truly enjoyed seeing the greenhouses and learning about alternative ways to grow gardens. We even did the Behind the Seeds tour and had the best time, I highly recommend it. When you order this dish at Disney, they use some of the produce grown in the attraction.
The flavors are so smooth and bold. This dish is a perfect starter to your meal and the recipe is quick and easy. Don’t forget those pumpkin seeds, they are delicious with the soup.
You can serve this up with your favorite holiday main dish and add homemade cranberry jelly and ambrosia salad. Our choose from the recipes I shared earlier this week, Disney’s Apple Butter or Disney’s Pepper Bacon Mac and Cheese.
Holiday Side Dish Week
I’m joining the Festive Foodies for a week of sharing #HolidaySideDishes. The group will be sharing great side dishes for all your upcoming holiday events. Be sure to subscribe to see all the wonderful recipes and get your holiday planning started right now! Make sure to check out all the awesome Holiday Side Dishes.
- 5 Ingredient Corn Casserole from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad from Blogghetti
- Bacon Wrapped String Beans from Family Around the Table
- Cranberry, Apple, & Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf from Sweet Beginnings
- Creamy Potato and Apple Gratin from Palatable Pastime
- Disney’s Pumpkin Soup from Simply Inspired Meals
- Dudhi Kofta (Bottle Gourd Fritters) from Cook with Renu
- Orange Cranberry Sauce from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pancetta Brussels Sprouts from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Porcini Pancetta Dressing from The Complete Savorist
- Pumpkin Rolls with Herbs and Sea Salt from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Apples, and Onions from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Carrots with Fresh Herbs from Our Good Life
- Skillet Sausage Stuffing from Dutch Oven Daddy
Disney’s Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 slices white onion, diced
- 1 cup diced butternut squash (skin and seeds removed)
- 30 oz. canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp.honey
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, garnish
In a dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and squash and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the pumpkin seeds. Stir together to combine. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, making sure everything is tender. Stir occasionally.
In a blender, pour the soup and puree until smooth. You may need to do in more than one batch.
Serve immediately and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
Adapted from Disney.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.