The Walt Disney World Epcot Food and Wine Festival introduces a bunch of fun dishes for everyone to try each year. Disney put out a recipe book with a number of popular recipes that included this one for Disney’s Pepper Bacon Mac and Cheese. Mac and Cheese is a favorite in our house and I thought the flavors sounded fantastic in this one. Turns out I was right. This is a perfect side dish for any meal. This would pair perfectly with Big Thunder Ranch BBQ Ribs or the Royal Street Chicken Salad. Of course, it can be a meal in itself. I know that is what we did when we first had it as we could not stop eating it!
Holiday Side Dish Week
I’m joining the Festive Foodies for a week of sharing #HolidaySideDishes. The group will be sharing great side dishes for all your upcoming holiday events. Be sure to subscribe to see all the wonderful recipes and get your holiday planning started right now! Don’t forget to check out the other awesome Holiday Side Dishes posted today.
- Balsamic Mustard Brussels Sprouts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cheddar Green Bean Casserole from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Easy Southern Succatash from Blogghetti
- Herbed Hasselback Potatoes from Family Around the Table
- Honey Roasted Carrots with Thyme from Sweet Beginnings
- Hot Honey Skillet Corn from Our Good Life
- Okra Casserole from The Spiffy Cookie
- Par-Baked Dinner Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pepper Bacon Mac N Cheese from Simply Inspired Meals
- Roasted Garlic and Herb Mushrooms from Cook with Renu
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sauteed Chayote Squash with Onions and Bacon from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese from Palatable Pastime
Disney’s Pepper Bacon Mac and Cheese Recipe
Pepper Bacon Macaroni
- 8 oz. macaroni
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 slice white onion
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup Gruyere cheese. shredded
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 green onions, sliced, if desired
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Chop bacon into pieces and cook in medium skillet until crisp. Chop into small pieces and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of grease. Return grease to the skillet and heat over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until vegetables are warm, but still crisp. Set aside.
- Heat cream in large saucepan over medium heat. When it begins to simmer, slowly stir in all of cheese, mixing well to melt cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, vegetables and cheese sauce, stirring until ingredients evenly dispersed and pasta completely coated in sauce.
- Pour all from bowl into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake 15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with bacon and green onions, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 695mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.