Disney’s Caramel Shortbread from Epcot’s Karamell-Küche. These bars are practically melt in your mouth. They will disappear quickly!
These bars are super easy to make and super delicious to eat. I was pleasantly surprised at just how easy it was given that sometimes caramel can be a bit challenging. You start by mixing the shortbread crust which is just three ingredients mixed in a stand mixer. Once that is pressed into the pan, you make the caramel in the microwave. This was again a quick and simple process. You pour the caramel over the shortbread then take remaining shortbread batter and dot it over the caramel. Bake and then enjoy!
Disney’s Caramel Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose fl our
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 4.5 oz. caramels, unwrapped
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy. Add sugar and salt and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the flour on low speed until combined.
- Using an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan, press two thirds of the crust into the pan.
- Microwave the sweetened condensed milk and caramels on high for 2 1/2 minutes, or until melted. Stir occasionally during the heating process, at about 1 minute and again at 2 minutes until completely melted. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the crust. Using spoonfuls, drop the remaining crust batter onto the caramel. It will not cover all the caramel mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe from Disney Food Blog
The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup chopped walnuts which I left out due to preference by my family members, but I think this would be a wonderful addition to this recipe. If you would like to include them, stir them into the caramel when you add the vanilla.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Pin for later!
Foodie Extravaganza: Caramel
Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board!
Your favorite bloggers from #FoodieExtravaganza have gathered some of their favorite caramel recipes into one spot to kick off the fall baking season. Don’t these all sound amazing!
- Caramel & Orange Cake Pudding Trifle by Sneha’s Recipe
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Butter Bars by Making Miracles
- Caramel Stuffed Brownie Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Disney’s Caramel Shortbread by Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
- Easy Caramel Modjestkas by Palatable Pastime
- Galaxy Cake by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Hopjesvla (Dutch Coffee Custard) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Salted Caramel Mudslide by A Day in the Life on the Farm
More Caramel Recipes!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.