Disney’s Apple Butter is the first recipe in our Holiday Side Dish week. This recipe come from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This is a great sauce for toast, scones, muffins or many other breakfast dishes. It would also make a great sauce for almost any meal, including a spread on sandwiches or a side for dipping chicken fingers.
Disney’s Apple Butter Recipe
- 6 cups Fuji apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 large apples)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Put the apples, apple juice, brown sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Continue simmering for 20 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla. Transfer to a blender and puree. Return the mixture to the saucepan and simmer over low heat. Stir every 5 minutes, for 30 minutes, until mixture is a deep amber color and apple butter reaches desired thickness. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any excess liquid.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Adapted from Disney.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Holiday Side Dish Week
I’m joining the Festive Foodies for a week of sharing #HolidaySideDishes. The group will be sharing great side dishes for all your upcoming holiday events. Be sure to subscribe to see all the wonderful recipes and get your holiday planning started right now! Check out all the fabulous holiday side dishes.
- Creamed Spinach from Palatable Pastime
- Disney’s Apple Butter from Simply Inspired Meals
- Honey-Whiskey Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Mac and Cheese Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Biscuits from Our Good Life
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples from Sweet Beginnings
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Green Bean Casserole from Blogghetti
- Smoked Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet and Spicy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet Potato Soufflé from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Yellow Squash and Zucchini Casserole from Cheese Curd in Paradise
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.