Welcome to the April Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop! The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! So this month, I chose to make Disneyland’s Strawberry Twists from Maurice’s Treats, a D23 Official Fan Club recipe. Last month for the challenge I created Disneyland’s Blue Bayou Fantasia Cheesecake.
Here is the pin that inspired me.
The recipe was a success. The twists were crunchy and sweet and really great with the dipping sauce. I must admit it is a lot of puff pastry for me which is not my favorite, but we all enjoyed these and they were gone quickly. The only change I made was that I added the dipping sauce which used the remaining strawberry jam mixture from the recipe as I thought the sauce would help balance the amount of pastry (and it did) and I didn’t like the idea of having leftover sauce to figure out what to do with later.
Disneyland’s Strawberry Twists Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
Strawberry Dipping Sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mash mixture until the berries are softened and sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring often to prevent mixture from sticking to pan, until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Place one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured, movable, flat surface, such as a lightweight cutting board. Lightly dust surface of pastry with flour and roll to smooth creases.
- Spread pastry sheet with 1/3 cup of the strawberry mixture.
- Roll the second sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to smooth creases; place on top of first sheet and press down gently.
- Place filled puff pastry in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone mat.
- Using a ruler as a guide, cut into pastry into 1 1/2-inch strips. Carefully pick up strips and place on baking sheets, twisting 3 times before laying down. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Strawberry Dipping Sauce
- Whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining strawberry mixture left over from the twists and whip until combined.
- Serve with Strawberry Twists. Also great with chocolate graham crackers.
Strawberry Twist recipe from D23 Official Disney Fan Club
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
To join next month’s #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ May Pinterest Challenge
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built, or tried!
Erlene – My Pinterventures • Lauren – Mom Home Guide
Debbee – Debbee’s Buzz • Laurie – My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
Marie – DIY Adulation • Julie – Sum of their Stories
Marie – The Inspiration Vault • T’onna – Sew Crafty Crochet
Pili – My Sweet Things • Debra – Shoppe No. 5
Roseann – This Autoimmune Life • Terri – Our Good Life
Lisa – Blogghetti • Marci – Stone Cottage Adventures
Leslie – Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After
Kelley – Simply Inspired Meals • Joanne – Our Unschooling Journey
Jenny – Cookies Coffee and Crafts • Gail – Purple Hues and Me
Cherryl – Farm Girl Reformed • Sam – Raggedy Bits
Beverly – Across the Boulevard • Samantha – Little Bits of Home
Kristie – Teadoddles • Shirley – Intelligent Domestications
Kelli – Olympic Nest • Chelsea – Making Manzanita
Rebecca – Simple Practical Beautiful • Ola – J’adore Le Decor
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.