The Disneyland Chieftain Chicken Skewer recipe is another great option to make the night before and provides a milder option from the Bengal Beef Skewer for the Adventureland dinner menu. This chicken recipe has a wonderful pineapple sweet and sour flavor and is absolutely delicious. This is a recipe inspired by Disneyland’s Bengal Barbecue.
Disneyland Chieftain Chicken Skewer Recipe
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pinch salt
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into long strips
- wooden skewers
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to make 1 cup.
- In a saucepan combine juice mixture, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and salt. Add cornstarch and stir until completely dissolved, mixture will be cloudy.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Add pineapple and combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Place chicken in sauce and marinade for 24 hours. Reserve ½ cup sauce for later.
- Soak wooden skewers in water.
- Remove chicken from marinade place chicken on soaked skewers
- Grill until cooked through.
- Dip grilled chicken into sauce, heated if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 416mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 38g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.