Disney Jungle Cruise Pineapple Split is my inspiration for The Jungle Cruise movie. The Jungle Cruise Pineapple Split has to be one of my all time favorite desserts that I have done to date. It is fresh, light, delicious and actually pretty healthy. You can choose to leave off the gummy candies and improve that even further. Definite repeat for us!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
This sundae is really easy to pull together and is just so fantastic. Start by making the Mango Orange Dole Whip/Sherbet at least the day before you want to serve this dessert. Before pulling your sherbet out of the freezer, be sure to cut up your fruit and toast your coconut. I like to put all the ingredients out in bowls so I can pull these together assembly line style. In addition, this makes is easy for your guests to customize their sundae and leave off the ingredients they don’t want to have in their serving.
Disney has cute gummy butterflies in their sundae. I was not able to find these when I went shopping, but I was able to find gummy tree frogs, worms/snakes, and alligators. These are all tropical and in fact appeared in the movie, so I thought they were perfect replacements for the butterflies in the dessert. If you want to make this even healthier, just leave those gummy candies off your sundae.
Jungle Cruise Pineapple Split Recipe
I created this recipe for this months Movie and Munchies challenge. I really enjoyed The Jungle Cruise movie, mostly because I’m a life long Disneyland fan and I truly enjoy the corny jokes and spirit of The Jungle Cruise ride. I loved that they included this in the start of the movie, it made me instantly like it. If you want to know more about Movie and Munchies, check out my post about this months challenge.
- Mango Orange Dole Whip/Sherbet (or Pineapple)
- Fresh pineapple
- 8 oz. can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup crushed dried banana chips
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1 cup Gummy candy butterflies, frogs, snakes, alligators, anything tropical
- coconut caramel sauce (optional)
- Toast coconut until just slightly browned.
- Slice pineapple into spears.
- Slice strawberries into small pieces.
- Start by placing two pineapple spears into a sundae bowl.
- Spoon two scoops of Mango Orange Dole Whip/Sherbet (or Pineapple) onto the pineapple.
- Top with mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries, crushed dried banana chips, toasted coconut and gummy candies.
- Drizzle coconut caramel sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 5gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.