This Disney Holiday Cookie Ornament Craft is inspired by the Christmas Cookie wallpaper put out by Disney. I thought it would be fun to turn these cookies into ornaments for the tree. I also wanted to make sure they were recognizable as Disney so made them all Mickey’s. Anything Mickey shaped is just so much fun!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
Disney Family has created Disney Parks treats ornaments and I used that as inspiration for this craft.
I transformed the cookies from the wallpaper into ornaments using felt. I borrowed the Mickey template from Disney Family and then just added my own details onto the ornaments.
It’s a fun way to bring a little Disney magic into your home during the holidays. Make as many as you want because there are no calories to count here! Happy Holidays!
What You’ll Need
- printed template
- Tan, white, dark brown, , black and red felt
- glue gun
- needle and thread
How To Make It
Print the Mickey template and cut out the Mickey shapes.
Place templates on your felt and trace with a pencil. Use sharp scissors to cut them out.
For the black and white cookie, use white felt for the cookie and black felt for the detail. I cut a full Mickey and then cut it in half.
For the Linzer cookie, use white felt for the cookie and red felt for the jam filling.
For the Mickey Santa cookie, use tan felt for the cookie, dark brown felt for the ears and red and white felt for the Santa hat.
And for the Mickey pinwheel, use tan felt for the cookie and red felt for the ears and swirl. This one was tricky to cut out. First I cut the ears off, then cut a full swirl and then I went back and cut the swirl in half. A skinny red ribbon could also work for this instead.
Glue or sew the detail on the front cookie piece as well as the ribbon to hang the ornament on the tree. Sew the front to the back cookie, making sure to leave room to stuff the ornament. Stuff it full, I used a pencil to push the stuffing into the ears. Then finish sewing to close the ornaments.
Pin for later!
Festive Christmas Ideas
This is day five of our Festive Christmas Event where we team up with a bunch of talented blogging friends to bring you a plethora of creative ways to celebrate your holiday season. We will be baking some cookie recipes for you, sharing some party games, making some handmade gifts, doing some ornament crafting, and sharing our Christmas movies family fun. There will be breakfast recipes and as always our decorated Christmas Trees which is always a fun tour of homes.
You will find new ideas every Monday and Wednesday between Oct. 19th through Nov. 18th. Scroll all the way down to find all the ideas linked at the end.
In case you missed it, check out our other Festive Christmas Ideas!
- Day 1 – Gift Guide for Disney Lovers
- Day 2 – Fandom Cookbooks Gift Guide
- Day 3 – Christmas Cookies in a Jar with Free Printable
- Day 4 – Christmas Movies Word Search
Festive Christmas Day 5 – Ornament Crafts
- Clothespin Snowflake Ornaments Polka Dot Poplars
- Crystal DIY Christmas Ornaments From House To Home
- Disney Holiday Cookie Ornament Craft Simply Inspired Meals (this post)
- DIY Christmas Tree Ornament: Easy Decoupage Craft An Alli Event
- DIY Pour Painted Christmas Ornaments Blogghetti
- DIY Starfish Ornaments for a Coastal Tree Across The Blvd.
- DIY Wood Burn Ornaments As For Me and My Homestead
- DIY Wood Slice Christmas Ornaments Mom Home Guide
- DIY Wood Slice Ornaments Farm Girl Reformed
- Easy Painted Wood Slice Ornaments In Bright Colors Intelligent Domestications
- Farmhouse DIY Christmas Tree Ornament Pretty DIY Home
- Glittery DIY Candy Ornaments with Your Cricut Craft Rocker
- How to Make Animal Crossing Balloon Present Ornaments My Pinterventures
- How To Make One-of-a-Kind Snowman Ornaments My Humble Home and Garden
- How to Make Super Simple and Sparkly Christmas Ornament Our Sutton Place
- Lettered Wood Slice Ornaments Creative Cynchronicity
- Light Up Christmas Lantern Ornament Purple Hues and Me
- Lightweight Bauble Ornament Eye Love Knots
- Minion Ornaments Coffee With Us 3
- Organza DIY Embroidery Hoop Ornaments Interior Frugalista
- Personalizing Ornaments with a Cricut Domestic Deadline
- Simple DIY Leather Christmas Ornaments Domestically Creative
- Snow Globe Ornaments From Recycled Ice Cream Lids! Little Vintage Cottage
- Swedish Paper Heart Ornament Tikkido
- Wood Burned Ornaments The Aspiring Home
- Woodland Ornament DIY Christmas Tree Lane
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.