Decadent Salted Caramel Brownie
Fall makes me think of caramel and what better way to enjoy caramel that with a Decadent Salted Caramel Brownie. These are sinful, rich, decadent and super yummy! If you’ve been to Epcot, the Karamell-Küche kitchen has a Salted Caramel Brownie that I would definitely recommend. I must admit, I prefer our homemade version even more as our brownie is moist and stays that way for a number of days. We also just pour the caramel over the entire brownie and sprinkle with a course sea salt that really brings out the flavor. If you love chocolate and caramel, this is a must try dessert!
Decadent Salted Caramel Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 oz. 60% cocoa Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- 3 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1-pint plus ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream, separated
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Crystal flake sea salt
- Center a rack in the cover and preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9x13 rectangle baking pan.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Stir occasionally until all the chocolate is melted. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and add the butter, stirring until it melts. It is important that the chocolate and butter not get very hot. However, if the butter is not melting, you can put the bowl back over the still-hot water for a minute. If you’ve got a couple of small bits of butter that has not melted, leave them.
- Working with a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed and pour in the chocolate butter mixture, mixing only until incorporated. You should have a thick, creamy batter. Add the flour and mix at low speed for about 30 seconds. The dry ingredients won’t be completely incorporated. Finish folding in the dry ingredients by hand using a rubber spatula. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is dry and cracked and a thick knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool.
- Note: Make brownies before starting caramel.
- In a 4-quart pan, combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, and whipping cream and butter. Monitor the heat of the mixture with a candy thermometer while stirring. When the thermometer reaches 245 degrees F remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Add ⅓ cup heaving whipping cream to thin for brownie topping.
- Pour caramel directly over brownies. Sprinkle with crystal flake sea salt.
- This will make more than you need for the brownies so prepare a pan to pour the extra to enjoy as candy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.