My husband is an amazing cook! One recipe he is known for are his Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. He has a knack for knowing how flavors combine and creates wonderful meals we really enjoy. This recipe has been perfected over many years; everyone who tries these cookies loves them. Based on these cookies alone he’s been told he should open a bakery or food truck. My kids request these cookies from Dad often, we seem to almost always have some around or in the freezer. These freeze well and it’s nice to be able to pull a few out of the freezer and have fresh baked cookies after dinner. Be sure to use good quality chocolate, we love Ghirardelli.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Quaker Oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mats.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl, put the butter and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugars and continue mixing, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Continue until the mix is fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Add half of the flour and mix until incorporated. Add the remaining flour and mix well. Add the chocolate, oats and nuts and mix. You may need to do this by hand.
- Using a small scoop, spoon the dough onto the baking sheet. Cook for 11 minutes until golden brown.
Monster M&M Cookie Option: Substitute M&M Chocolate Candy for all the chocolate chips. Scoop using the largest cookie scoop and bake for 13 minutes instead of 11. Makes about 24 monster cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.