I found Adagio Tea has a custom blends option for creating your own blends of tea. I absolutely love tea and enjoy it every morning. In addition, I like hosting tea parties and all the yummy food associated with “having tea”. I decided to try my hand at custom blending tea inspired by Harry Potter Honeydukes candy flavors. I selected the Exploding Bon Bon candy for one of my flavors. This candy is pineapple and orange flavors covered in white chocolate at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I choose to include pineapple and orange flavors in the tea and it turned out really good. While it doesn’t explode, it is actually quite mild, it is a delicious citrus flavor and was wonderful with these Crystallized Pineapple scones.
Professor Slughorn’s love of Crystallized Pineapple candy inspired these scones. I thought the flavors would go well with the tea, and I was very pleased.
Crystallized Pineapple Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar, granulated
- ⅓ cup butter, cubed
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup crystallized pineapple, cut into small chunks
- ⅛ to ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 to 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Combine first four ingredients. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together cream, egg, and vanilla; add to flour mixture stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in crystallized pineapple and mix until well distributed in the dough.
- Scoop dough into pie plate and pat down until even throughout the dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Test to ensure toothpick is clean instead of sticky.
- Cool. Prepare glaze by combining ⅛ cup pineapple juice with one cup confectioner's sugar until glaze is smooth and thick. Add juice or sugar until desired consistency.
- Pour glaze over scones and allow to set.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Southern Living Our Readers Top Rated Recipes cookbook. Inspired by Harry Potter's Professor Slughorn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
I hope you will try both the tea, available at Adagio Tea from this link, as well as the scones and let me know how you liked them in the comments below.
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.