Cranberry Orange Quick Bread is jam packed with orange and cranberries making for a flavor filled breakfast option.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
I was inspired by a baking show where the contestants were assigned a flavor combination and had to come up with a quick bread using those flavors. One of the combinations was orange and cranberry. This has to be one of my favorite combinations and I love the look of big red cranberries in my baking dishes this time of year. I decided this was a challenge I wanted to try and came up with this beautiful and flavorful Cranberry Orange Quick Bread.
Cranberry Orange Quick Bread Recipe
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 large orange
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Zest one large orange and then juice the orange.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, 1 tbsp. of the fresh squeezed orange juice and the orange extract.
- Combine dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt, in medium-sized bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet as well as adding the milk and vegetable oil. Mix in the cranberries and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes in pan and then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and the remainder of the fresh squeezed orange juice until smooth. Pour on top of bread and let the icing set for a few minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Adapted from Imperial Sugar
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
If you enjoy quick breads, we have quite a few on Simply Inspired Meals. I encourage you to try Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Quick Bread, Zucchini Bread or Delightful Banana Nut Bread. And be sure to check out the first recipe I shared for #ChristmasSweetsWeek, Spiced Pear Quick Bread.
Pin for later!
Christmas Sweets Week
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2020! Co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 21 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Breakfast and Baked Goods Recipes
Cranberry Orange Quick Bread by Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
Eggnog Cream Cheese Danish by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal by Making Miracles
Candy and Fudge Recipes
Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Hard Cinnamon Candy by Blogghetti
Oreo Balls by The Mandatory Mooch
Papaya Halwa by Palatable Pastime
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by An Affair from the Heart
Pastry and Dessert Recipes
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Chocolate Saltine Toffee by For the Love of Food
Christmas Snack Board by Love & Confections
Christmas Tree Krispie Treats by Sweet Beginnings
Hot Chocolate cookies by Christmas Tree Lane
Lemon Olive Oil Sugar Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies [Vegan & Allergy-Friendly] by Bear & Bug Eats
Gingerbread House by House of Nash Eats
Gingerbread Layer Cake by The Redhead Baker
Peppermint Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.