Today’s Cranberry Orange Margarita is inspired by special Fall drinks offered at the Old Key West Resort in Walt Disney World. From the reviews I read, this drink sounded amazing. I came up with a recipe and yes, it is amazing! I definitely encourage you to try this one, it is a new favorite in our household. The cranberry sauce adds both tart and sweetness to the drink and pairs perfectly with the orange, lemon and lime juices. All the great things about a traditional margarita but with a fall twist.
This drink will make a great party starter for your Thanksgiving festivities. It’s also the perfect color for upcoming Christmas celebrations. Serve with Turkey Cranberry Crostini appetizers to get the celebration started.
It’s Cranberry Week! I’m joining a group of bloggers all sharing cranberry-inspired blog recipes from Nov 4-8 2019. These recipes will use fresh cranberries, dried, frozen, sauce, and juice. See all the other delicious cranberry recipes being shared today (and follow #CranberryWeek to see even more):
- Cranberry Apple Crisp from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Brownies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Dark Chocolate Chip Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Breakfast Cookies from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Orange Margarita from Simply Inspired Meals
- Cranberry White Chocolate Bark with Sea Salt from Our Good Life
Cranberry Orange Margarita Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
Cranberry Orange Margarita
- 1/3 cup Tequila (2 shots)
- 1 ½ tbsp. Triple Sec (1/2 shot)
- 3 tbsp. 1 shot Sweet and Sour (1 shot)
- 6 oz. prepared cranberry sauce
- 1 lime, fresh squeezed
- Combine water and cranberries in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 8 to 10 minutes or until skins pop. Remove from heat. Process cranberries in a food processor until pureed. In a bowl, combine the pureed cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Press through a fine mesh strainer, discarding solids. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the ingredients for the margarita in a cocktail shaker filled with crushed ice. Shake and pour over ice in cocktail glasses. Serve immediately.
Cranberry Sauce adapted from Christmas with Southern Living 2004 book.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 948Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 223gFiber: 5gSugar: 199gProtein: 2g
Pin for later!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.