My Cranberry Jelly is inspired by Williams Sonoma Jellied Cranberries (see image below). I was shopping and stopped by the store where they were sampling the jellied cranberries as well as a few other items and I really loved this one. I thought it would be amazing to be able to recreate this recipe at home and I think I’ve gotten super close.
The color of my sauce is a gorgeous bright red and the flavor is tart and spicy. I was tempted to just eat it straight, even before letting it set completely. I cannot wait to have this with turkey on Thanksgiving day.
Cranberry Jelly Recipe
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package gelatin
- pinch black pepper
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 orange, zest
- 1 cup apple sauce
- Rinse cranberries and put them in a medium saucepan along with the sugar and 1 cup cranberry juice. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- While the cranberries are heating, combine measure 1/2 cup cranberry juice and sprinkle the gelatin packet over the juice. Allow to sit while continuing with the rest of the recipe.
- Let the mixture bubble away for about 5 minutes, until the all cranberries are burst.
- Add the applesauce, lemon juice and spices and stir together to combine.
- Puree the cranberry mixture in a blender. Be careful when pureeing hot liquids. Run the machine until the mixture is smooth, this will take about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Push the mixture through a mesh strainer, using the back of a large spoon to make sure as much of it as possible goes through.
- Add the juice and gelatin to the cranberry mixture and stir to combine completely.
- Pour the jelly into canning jars and allow to cool before covering and placing in the refrigerator.
- Once cool, place in refrigerator and allow to set up completely, overnight if possible.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Resources used in this recipe
I wanted to share the tools I used to pull together this recipe to make it easier to recreate this yourself. The links below are affiliate links. I receive a small commission from sales made through these links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Pin for later!
More Holiday Side Dish Recipes
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.