Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is my son’s favorite flavor of ice cream. I’ve been working on this homemade recipe for a while and consistently get “yummy” reviews from everyone who comes over and tries it. Whenever possible, I like to make our ice cream homemade as it’s just so simple and delicious.
I saw this fantastic milk shake offered at Disney’s California Adventure for Mickey’s 90th birthday and just had to come up with a version at home. To make the shake, combine the ice cream and milk in a glass and stir to combine. You can also use a blender if you prefer. Top the milk shake with whipped cream, two Oreo cookies as the mouse ears and top with Mickey inspired sprinkles. I created the buttons a bit different from what they did in the park. I used a red candy melt and attached a yellow M&M with a little left over frosting I had in the refrigerator. You could also melt the candy melt a little to attach the M&M. Add a Mickey colored paper straw and serve. It’s cool, smooth, refreshing and oh so good!
From Our Dinner Table Challenge
Delicious Dairy Recipes
June is National Dairy Month! This week #OurFamilyTable challenged us to create a recipe using milk, yogurt, cheese, anything that is white and came from a cow is eligible.
- Asparagus Gruyere Tart by Art of Natural Living
- Beer and Brats Mac and Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Beer Battered Deep Fried Cheese Curds by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Best Oreo Milkshakes by Family Around the Table
- Cheese and Spinach Ravioli Casserole by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Baked Macaroni and Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Marigold Petal and Matcha Panna Cotta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Palestinian Preserved Labneh by Pandemonium Noshery
- Sour Cream and Spicy Cheddar Ranch Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mickey Cookies ‘n Cream Shake
I decided to use my homemade Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream to make the Mickey Cookies ‘n Cream Shake from Disney’s California Adventure. The shake is part of the celebration for Mickey’s 90th birthday. It is super smooth and yummy with loads of whipped cream and sprinkles.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup cold low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into chunks
- Whisk together the milk and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Turn on the ice cream machine and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of churning, add the cookie chunks into the machine.
- Transfer ice cream to freezer safe containers and freeze at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Take ice cream out of freezer about 5 to 10 minutes before serving to allow it to soften.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.