This month’s theme for Food ‘N Flix is Disney Pixar’s Coco and Culinary Adventures with Camilla is our host. The film is about a boy who wants to be a musician but due to a family incident in the past, the entire family is forbidden to play music. They make shoes, but Miguel is not interested in that career path. Miguel ends up taking a trip to the afterlife and finding his ancestors, and ultimately getting to follow his dream of music. This movie is full of color and music and has a few scenes full of wonderful looking food. The one that stands out is tamales, but in that same scene there is a big plate of flautas. I love flautas so was inspired to make Slow Cooker Baked Flautas.
This is an easy meal to make. You just put the ingredients in the slow cooker and set it to cook for 4 hours. Then you shred the chicken, let it cook a little longer, and then put together the flautas. The final step is to bake the flautas for 10 minutes and then they are ready for serving.
Slow Cooker Baked Flautas Recipe
- 2 count boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 8 count flour tortilla
- salsa, optional
- sour cream, optional
- Place all ingredients except Mexican cheese, tortilla, salsa and sour cream in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When finished cooking, shred the chicken in the slow cooker using two forks. Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken filling onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake 10 minutes and until tortillas are slightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 681Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 970mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 34g
Pin for later!
Check out other Food ‘n Flix Club recipes here.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.