This month for the Fantastical Food Fight the theme is overnight oats. The challenge states we must include overnight oats in our recipe and it could be savory or sweet. I’ve really been enjoying experimenting with different flavors for overnight oats and decided I really wanted one that reminded me of a cinnamon roll, so I came up with Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats.
This is a super easy recipe with very little prep time. Just combine the ingredients and put in the refrigerator. Just before serving, mix up the cream cheese and powdered sugar and swirl on top. The combination of flavors really will remind you of a cinnamon roll. But the good news is this is a healthier alternative. Oats come with many health benefits and I’ve been trying to include them every day in our meals.
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk, your choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Combine yogurt, oats, milk, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl whisk together softened cream cheese with powdered sugar. Swirl on top of oat mixture. Serve immediately.
Pin for later!
Join us each month for a new challenge in the Fantastical Food Fight. You can see how to join here. Find my previous food fight recipes below. Please visit all the entries into the food fight through the images shown.
- Gingerbread Scones
- Banana Strawberry Parfait
- Bengal BBQ Grilled Pork Sausage Skewer
- Wizarding World Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.