Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
I was inspired to make Chocolate Peppermint Cookies based on the menu offerings at Disney’s California Adventure Festival of the Holidays Assorted Cookies. They have a Chocolate Candy Cane cookie that looks delicious. I used Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips instead of candy canes as I didn’t want them to melt into the cookie and get sticky. These Chocolate Peppermint Cookies came out so yummy that I wanted to buy every bag of the peppermint crunch I could find and save in my freezer so we could make these any time during the year.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz. Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- 1 1/2 cup.butter, softened
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Melt 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add eggs and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and peppermint crunch baking chips and combine.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Before baking, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- If desired, you can keep frozen for up to one month before baking.
- You can substitute Andes Peppermint Crunch candies and chop them up before adding to the batter if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.