Yummy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies so delicious they disappear fast! These make a wonderful addition to the Holiday cookie tray or for gifts for friends.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
I was inspired to make these cookies based on the menu offerings at Disney’s California Adventure Festival of the Holidays Assorted Cookies. They have a Chocolate Candy Cane cookie that looks delicious. I used Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips instead of candy canes as I didn’t want them to melt into the cookie and get sticky. These Chocolate Peppermint Cookies came out so yummy that I wanted to buy every bag of the peppermint crunch I could find and save in my freezer so we could make these any time during the year.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz. Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Melt 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add eggs and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and peppermint crunch baking chips and combine.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Before baking, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
If desired, you can keep frozen for up to one month before baking.
You can substitute Andes Peppermint Crunch candies and chop them up before adding to the batter if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Pin for later!
More Christmas Recipes!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.