I’m joining Muffin Monday this week with Disneyland Jolly Holiday Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. These muffins are full of chocolate chips and a Chocoholic’s dream breakfast! Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
This is my first time participating in the group as I just love muffins. The group is hosted by Stacy from Food Lust People Love. You can learn about the group on her blog.
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins from Simply Inspired Meals.
- Ham and Honey Mustard Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Whole Wheat Dinner Roll Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
How To Make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are so easy to make. I already made two batches this week to prepare for posting the recipe. They were demolished really quickly by my two sons. Anything chocolate is something they love.
Start by combining the melted butter, milk and egg in a bowl. Give the egg a stir with a fork to break the yolk and combine with the liquids. Set aside while combining the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and vanilla in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened. Then add the vanilla and chocolate chips and stir until all mixed in.
Line the muffin tins with baking liners. You could also spray with cooking spray. Spoon batter into the muffin cups until each is about 2/3 full. Bake for 22 minutes or until done (batter doesn’t stick to a toothpick when inserted in center of muffin), Don’t bake too long or the muffins will get dry. Cool for at least five minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine milk, melted butter and egg in bowl. Add all remaining muffin ingredients except vanilla extract and chocolate chips; stir just until moistened. Gently stir in vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter about 2/3 full into prepared muffin pan cups. Bake 22 minutes or until done (batter doesn't stick to a toothpick when inserted in center of muffin), Cool at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Pin for later!
More Disney Muffin Recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.