A favorite dessert option is from Disneyland’s Carnation Cafe, the Lemon Meringue Pie. I grew up with this pie as this was one my dad’s favorite desserts. We have always been very picky about our lemon pie as many do not have enough lemon flavor. My dad referred to this as “soap suds” vs. lemon. This recipe is very easy and has a wonderful lemon flavor, definitely no soap suds here. If you are a true lemon lover and appreciate a strong lemon flavor, you will love this recipe.
Carnation Café Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- Homemade or packaged pie crust
- 1 pkg. Lemon Flavor Jell-O Pudding and Pie Filling (4½ g)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 2½ cups water
- 1 pkg. pie crust
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- Prepare pie crust and bake according to package directions or make a homemade pie crust. Let cool completely.
- Mix together pie filling, sugar, lemon juice and egg yolks until combined. Add 2½ cup water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Pour into cooled 10-inch pie shell.
- Beat 3 egg whites until foamy. Gradually add tbsp. sugar, beating until stiff. Spread over pie. Brown at 425 degrees for about 5 minutes. Cool 5 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
Pin for later!
More from Disneyland!
- Disneyland Dirt and Worms Candy Apples
- Jolly Holiday Specialty Toasted Cheese Sandwich
- Spinach and Tomato-Egg White Frittata
- Disney Resorts Copycat Churro
- White Chocolate Bat Wing Sundae
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.