Welcome to the May Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! This month, I chose to make the Captain America Berry Tart based on this recipe.
I was inspired to make this recipe from this pin from My Very Best Baking. I decided not to use the glaze as it came out quite thick and I didn’t find it easy to drizzle and wouldn’t look as much like the shield with the glaze on the tart. We did keep the glaze and served a little with each piece of the tart and it is very tasty. I also needed to double the crust as I was not able to line the pan as directed with the original quantity. My recipe reflects the adjustments I made. The result was delicious and my family said it was definitely a repeat dessert.
I wanted to give it an Avengers theme to celebrate the new movie, The Avengers Infinity War. I chose inspiration from Captain America, my favorite hero.
Captain America Berry Tart Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 packages graham crackers
- 6 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine graham crackers and sugar in food processor and process until crackers are crumbs. Add melted butter and process until combined.
- Press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of ungreased 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, juice, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Gently pour into crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Combine water and cornstarch in small saucepan; stir in preserves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; strain to remove seeds. Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle over filling.
- Arrange berries on top.
- Cover and refrigerate. Remove side of spring form pan before serving.
Recipe adapted from The Very Best Baking
Pin for later!
To join next month’s #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ June Pinterest Challenge.
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built, or tried!
Erlene – My Pinterventures • Lauren – Mom Home Guide
Debbee – Debbee’s Buzz • Laurie – My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
Marie – DIY Adulation • Julie – Sum of their Stories
Marie – The Inspiration Vault • T’onna – Sew Crafty Crochet
Pili – My Sweet Things • Debra – Shoppe No. 5
Roseann – This Autoimmune Life • Terri – Our Good Life
Marci – Stone Cottage Adventures
Leslie – Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After
Kelley – Simply Inspired Meals • Joanne – Our Unschooling Journey
Jenny – Cookies Coffee and Crafts • Gail – Purple Hues and Me
Rebecca – Hello Central Avenue • Sam – Raggedy Bits
Beverly – Across the Boulevard • Tyler – Just Enough Blush
Kristie – Teadoddles • Shirley – Intelligent Domestications
Kelli – The Olympic Nest • Lydia – Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
Cherryl – Farm Girl Reformed • Ola – J’adore Le Decor
Rebecca – Simple Practical Beautiful • Gwen – Geez, Gwen!
Michelle – Our Crafty Mom • Emily – Domestic Deadline
Megan – C’mon Get Crafty • Micah – Home Faith Family
Chelc – Inside The Fox Den
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.