Butchart Gardens Spinach Swiss Quiche
The tea tray included quiche so I modified the menu a bit and created this Spinach Swiss Quiche. The quiche at Butchart Gardens was quite small and served in a tart shell. I decided to make my version a little larger and used a muffin tin to bake the quiche. This was the perfect size. I think this would be a great recipe to make and have on hand for lunches, picnics or sporting events. It is also a great option to freeze for a quick anytime meal when you are short on time.
Spinach Swiss Quiche Recipe
- 1 package pie crust
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1½ cups Swiss cheese
- 3-4 slices Canadian bacon
- Roll piecrust and cut into circles to fit into the muffin pan, approximately 3 inches. Add pie weights and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- In a small pan, over low/medium heat, add oil and sauté the pepper, garlic and onion powder for approximately 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook another few minutes over low heat until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese and bacon. Add the vegetables and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired and pour into the crust.
- Reduce the heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.