Butchart Gardens Spinach Swiss Quiche
The tea tray included quiche so I modified the menu a bit and created this Spinach Swiss Quiche. The quiche at Butchart Gardens was quite small and served in a tart shell. I decided to make my version a little larger and used a muffin tin to bake the quiche. This was the perfect size. I think this would be a great recipe to make and have on hand for lunches, picnics or sporting events. It is also a great option to freeze for a quick anytime meal when you are short on time.
Spinach Swiss Quiche Recipe
- 1 package pie crust
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1½ cups Swiss cheese
- 3-4 slices Canadian bacon
- Roll piecrust and cut into circles to fit into the muffin pan, approximately 3 inches. Add pie weights and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- In a small pan, over low/medium heat, add oil and sauté the pepper, garlic and onion powder for approximately 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook another few minutes over low heat until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese and bacon. Add the vegetables and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired and pour into the crust.
- Reduce the heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.
Pin for later!
Sign Up For Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.