The Lemon Tart at the Butchart Garden tea was my favorite dessert. Our family has a serious love for lemon. We grow fresh lemons in our yard and make lemon curd every year. We freeze it so we can enjoy it anytime. When making this recipe, I was running low so I decided to whip up a batch for this recipe. I store them in jars in the freezer. It is really easy and I can take just one out of the freezer as needed. Once you have your lemon curd made, pulling together the tart is quick and easy.
Lemon Tart Recipe
- 1 packaged pie crust
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Roll piecrust and using 2-inch cutter, cut out circles from dough and place into tart pan. Add pie weights to each tart well to ensure they bake correctly. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until golden.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a wire whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in lemon juice and butter; cook 4 minutes or until mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with whisk. Cool. Cover and chill (mixture will thicken as it cools). Yield 1⅓ cups.
- Lemon curd can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also freeze and when you thaw, use within 1 week.
- Whip cream until it starts to thicken, add powdered sugar and continue to whip until thick.
- Fill each cooled tart shell with lemon curd just to the top of the shell.
- Top each tart with a little whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
More from Butchart Gardens!
- Trip Report Butchart Gardens
- Candied Ginger Scones Butchart Gardens
- Butchart Gardens Devon Style Cream
- Butchart Gardens Cucumber Tea Sandwich
- Butchart Gardens Sausage Wraps
- Butchart Gardens Spinach Swiss Quiche
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.