Bunny Carrot Cakes are perfect little single serving cakes for Easter. The bunny shape is adorable and lends itself to creative decorating. I opted for minimal frosting to focus on the carrot cake and the bunny shape.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
For this recipe, I used the peeler and utensil set provided by Deiss Kitchenware. I really liked the Deiss peeler as it easily peeled the outside layer of the carrot as well as has two options for the shredding of the carrot. It is very easy to use and clean. The utensil set is strong and doesn’t bend while stirring the stiff carrot cake batter and is also very easy to clean. I would recommend both products.
Bunny Carrot Cakes Recipe
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare your pan by using a baking spray containing flour.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and toss with shredded carrots to combine and coat. Combine oil, butter, yogurt, eggs and vanilla in bowl; beat until combined. Add wet mixture to flour mixture and mix to combine. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally to make sure all mix is incorporated. Spoon the batter into the cakelet pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5-10 minutes and then remove the cakes and cool completely on cooling racks.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition until blended. Use a knife of piping bag to decorate the bunny cakelets.
Recipe adapted from Nordicware
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 2gSugar: 61gProtein: 7g
Pin for later!
Spring Sweets Week
We are in the midst of Spring Sweets Week and I hope you’ve been enjoying all the fantastic recipes. If you are just joining us, please check out the recipes shared earlier this week!
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blueberry Rhubarb Quick Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Bunny Carrot Cakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Cake Batter Milkshakes by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Carrot Cake Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Raspberry Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Coffee Banana Breakfast Smoothie by Shockingly Delicious
- Coffee Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coffee Chip No Churn Ice Cream by A Savory Feast
- Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Fairy Cakes by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Pecan Shortbread Bars by Frugal & Fit
- Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Blogghetti
- Lemon Poppy Seed Madeleines by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Raspberry Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mocha Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Mocha Mint Chocolate Cream Puffs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Spring Toffee Crack by Jen Around the World
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.