Brownie Berry Dessert Pizza
I’m joining Baking Bloggers this month for recipes using summer berries. We could use any type of berries, the only condition was that there must be baking somewhere in the recipe. I decided on Brownie Berry Dessert Pizza. I couldn’t resist the beautiful arrangement of berries and just knew this would be a hit in my household. My inspiration came from the red, white and blue colors, it just made me think of Independence Day. It would also be perfect for a superhero party, it screams Captain America to me! This dessert would be perfect for any summer celebration or get together. It’s festive, fun, sweet and delicious.
Join this months bakers with a “bunch” of delicious berry recipes that you will be able to enjoy all summer long!
Baking with Summer Berries
- Bora Berry Tart by Sneha’s Recipe
- Brownie Berry Dessert Pizza by Simply Inspired Meals
- Lattice Top Blackberry Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Make-Ahead Mixed Berries Baked Oatmeal by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Fruit-topped Pavlovas by Food Lust People Love
- Mixed Berry Bubbly Pies by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Mixed Berry Cheese Danish by Cookaholic Wife
- No Churn Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Blackberry-Cherry Tomato Chutney On Venison Medallions by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry Crisp with Pepita & Chia Seed Topping by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Strawberry Shortcake Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake by The Baking Fairy
Baking Bloggers is a friendly group of food bloggers who vote on a shared theme and then post recipes to fit that theme one the second Monday of each month. If you are a food blogger interested in joining in, inquire at our Baking Bloggers Facebook group. We’d be honored if you would join us in our baking adventures.
I’ve participated in Baking Bloggers a number of months now. To see past recipes, please visit my Baking Bloggers recipes list.
Brownie Berry Dessert Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 oz. 60% cocoa Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp. red currant jelly or apple jelly
- Center a rack in the cover and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12x3/4 inch pizza tray.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Stir occasionally until all the chocolate is melted. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and add the butter, stirring until it melts. It is important that the chocolate and butter not get very hot. However, if the butter is not melting, you can put the bowl back over the still-hot water for a minute. If you’ve got a couple of small bits of butter that has not melted, leave them.
- Working with a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed and pour in the chocolate butter mixture, mixing only until incorporated. You should have a thick, creamy batter. Add the flour and mix at low speed for about 30 seconds. The dry ingredients won’t be completely incorporated. Finish folding in the dry ingredients by hand using a rubber spatula.
- Spread onto the prepared pizza tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top is dry and cracked and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Carefully spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- Arrange berries over cream cheese mixture. Heat jelly in microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until liquid and brush over the berries.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Cut into wedges. Store covered in refrigerator.
Notes: A box brownie mix can be replaced for the homemade brownies as a shortcut if desired.
Adapted from Betty Crocker
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.