Book’s Strawberry Salad
At the beginning of the Firefly series, the crew of Serenity pick up passengers. One of the passengers, Sheppard Book, brings fresh strawberries on board from his time at the Abbey. While we don’t see the strawberries show up at the dinner table that night, we do see Kaylee enjoying eating one of them as she starts to prepare. Assuming any of the strawberries were left, I imagine this Strawberry Salad is just the sort of menu item that would have appeared on the table given Book and brought a lot of fresh produce from the garden. I created a raspberry apple vinaigrette to accompany the salad.
Pin for later!
Book’s Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 2 cups baby spinach, washed and stems trimmed
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. basil (or 2 tbsp. fresh chopped basil if available)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Arrange spinach, strawberries and pecans on serving plates.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together, whisking well to combine, for salad dressing.
- Serve immediately.
If you’ve never seen Firefly, I highly recommend it. The show is fun, adventurous and unique.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.