Blueberry Drop Scones
This month’s Baking Bloggers topic of the month is Biscuits and Scones. I recently visited Universal Studios Hollywood and enjoyed a blueberry scone with my continental breakfast at the Three Broomstick and wanted to replicate that meal at home. I decided on these Blueberry Drop Scones which were light, fluffy, filling and super yummy. They were all gone in one sitting, my family just kept going back for more!
These Blueberry Drop Scones are very quick to make. I used large fresh blueberries which do split open and are a little messy, but I absolutely loved the fresh flavor and the bursting berries. These scones were super fluffy and light and went perfectly with the fresh fruit (and Butterbeer!).
Blueberry Drop Scones Recipe
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ tsp white vinegar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Stir together milk and vinegar; set aside.
- Stir together butter and ½ cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and next three ingredients; stir into butter mixture alternating with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, until dry ingredients are moistened
- Add blueberries and stir until well distributed
- Using large cookie scoop, scoop one circle of batter onto cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all batter is used
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Southern Living Our Readers Top Rated Recipe book
- Blueberry Drop Scones by Simply Inspired Meals
- Breakfast Biscuits by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Carrot Cake Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cheesy Garlic Jalapeno Drop Biscuits by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chipa Argolla by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chipas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gruyère Prosciutto Scones by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Blueberry Biscuits by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Orange Pecan Biscuits by Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream & Chive Jumbo Biscuits by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Spiced Pumpkin Scones by The Redhead Baker
- Very Cinnamon Scones by Hardly A Goddess
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.