Blue Bayou Fantasia Cheesecake
Welcome to the March Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! So this month, I chose to make Disneyland’s Blue Bayou Fantasia Cheesecake recipe from this PIN. This pin come from D23, the Official Disney Fanclub.
This cheesecake was actually very easy to make. Each step only has a few ingredients and is quick to mix together. It takes a bit of time to cook and then some more to chill, but other than that, this is a fast and easy recipe. And the result? Amazing! I haven’t had the cheesecake at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland but based on this recipe I definitely will order it the next time we visit.
Blue Bayou Cheesecake Recipe
- 4 cups cream cheese (32 oz.)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon extract
- 4 eggs
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (one package of graham crackers)
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar and salt, blending completely.
- Add lemon extract and mix well.
- Add one egg at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Grease 9-inch spring form pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a food processor and mix until crumb mixture is moist and crumbly.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9-inch spring form.
- Pour in cream cheese mixture and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 70 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Combine sour cream and sugar and spread evenly on top of cheese cake. Cool again.
- When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from the pan and place on serving plate.
- For variety, top the cake with fresh strawberries or any other pie filling.
- You have the option on the final texture of this cheesecake. For a more cake-like texture bake about 10 minutes longer than called for in this recipe. For a creamier cake, remove five minutes earlier.
Recipe Source D23
Pin for later!
Resources used in this recipe
Now let’s see what other things Pinterest inspired! Head over and visit the other hosts to see what they crafted, cooked, built, or tried!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.