Blood Orange Madeleines are small little french cakes with a small amount of blood orange icing and festive sprinkles. They are perfect for a spring time tea party or to pack a little treat in the lunch of someone you love.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food and a fun giveaway? 27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Kitchenware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes you can win!
More Easter Inspiration!
Last year I joined #SpringSweetsWeek and created some fun recipes I encourage you to revisit this year.
Blood Orange Madeleines Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. superfine sugar
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. orange extract/emulsion
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tbsp. blood orange zest
- 2 ½ oz. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. hot water
- 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tsp. blood orange juice
- Colorful spring sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-hole madeleine pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, caster sugar, powdered sugar and orange extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the egg mixture. Combine the melted butter and water and pour down the side of the bowl with the egg mixture. Fold ingredients together.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture into pan holes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Cover a cooling rack with parchment. Remove the madeleines from the pan by tapping on the counter to release and turn onto the covered cooling rack.
- Repeat until all batter has been baked.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and blood orange juice into a thick dipping consistency.
- Dip the madeleine at an angle into the icing and then spoon the sprinkles over the icing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Pin for later!
Spring Sweets Week
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!Prize #1: Millican Pecan is giving one winner a Tower of Treats! Millican Pecan began when E.E. Risien, founded the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s at the junction of the San Saba and Colorado Rivers. He received much recognition for his experiments that altered the course of the pecan industry and helped to establish San Saba as the “Pecan Capital of the World.” From this location, they developed many great pecan varieties, as well as a prosperous orchard that serves our customers well, even to this day. Today Millican Pecan is being run by the 5th generation, the one that launched the Millican Pecan website in 2002. Visit https://millicanpecan.com/ to learn more about pecans, find delicious recipes, and buy their amazing pecans and pecan products. Prize #2: Door County Coffee is giving one winner 20 full-pots of coffee and a Door County Coffee mug. Full pots will consist of seasonal flavors, flavored coffee, and non-flavored coffee. Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes. Prize #3: Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a set of Nordic Ware Bundt Pans. This set contains one Chiffon Bundt Pan and one Vaulted Cathedral Bundt Pan perfect for decorative baking. Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit www.dixiecrystals.com for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, great ways to get kids baking in the kitchen, and plenty of baking videos. Prize #4: Anolon is giving one winner an Anolon Advanced 5 piece Bakeware set. This nonstick bakeware set includes two 8 inch round cake pans, one 8 inch square cake pan, a 10 x 15 cookie pan, and a 9.25 x 14 cooling rack! It’s the perfect set for any baker. Established in 1950’s, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware and by 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware that would revolutionize the world of home cooking because the nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily. Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior that is made with a special blend of sapphire-reinforced nonstick that is triple coated. Visit https://anolon.com to see their selection of cookware, bakeware, tools, and to get amazing recipes. Prize #5: Fresh April Sprinkles is giving one winner their choice of three 4 ounce bags of sprinkles! Winner can choose from favorites like the Birthday Party Blend, Cotton Candy Blend, Pink Lemonade Blend, and so many others! Fresh April Sprinkles was founded in the summer of 2019 by Lynn April who runs the food blog Fresh April Flours. They produce small batch, hand blended sprinkles in a suburb outside of Philadelphia. Our sprinkle blends are carefully crafted with beautiful desserts in mind and can be custom blended just for you! Visit https://freshaprilsprinkles.com to see the collection of sprinkles available or to find recipes from Lynn! Prize #6: Adams Extract is giving one winner an Adams baking pack with 4-6 items including their amazing 4oz Adams Best® Vanilla Flavor. This prize package is great for anyone who loves to bake! John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract in 1888 in Battle Creek, Michigan. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, Texas. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams created a new formula for vanilla. His wife tested it by whipping up a cake and announced, “John, this is the BEST flavoring I have ever used.” “Well, that’s old man Adams BEST,” he responded. The name stuck, and Adams Best was born! Today, Adams manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, and many more. To learn more about Adams Extract, to shop their products, or to find delicious recipes visit https://www.adamsextract.com. Prize #7: Deiss Kitchenware is giving one winner a kitchen utensil prize package! The winner will receive a digital thermometer, a grater, an apple slicer and corer set, and a 5 piece utensil set! Deiss Kitchenware is a small, family driven company that believes it’s easy to cook with pleasure when you have the right tools. This company will bend over backwards to make you happy and the president of the company will even answer your letters! They create easy to use, innovative, and reliable products for use in your kitchen. To learn more about the company and the products they sell visit https://deisskitchenware.de/. a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Auntie Ann’s Italian Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Blood Orange Madelines by Simply Inspired Meals
- Butter Pecan Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Butterscotch Pie with Pecan Crust by Art of Natural Living
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Carrot Cake Pecan Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Coconut Pineapple Bread by Family Around the Table
- Coffee Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls by Pastry Chef Online
- Coffee Pudding Cake by That Recipe
- Gluten Free Almond Poppyseed Bread by Frugal & Fit
- Hummingbird Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon and Raspberry Mascarpone Cupcakes by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Buttercream Cake with Lemon Curd Filling by Jen Around the World
- Lemon Cake Pops by A Savory Feast
- Lemon Jelly Roll by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemonade Crinkles by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Lemony Baked Doughnuts by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mint Chocolate Quick Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mocha Mint Mississippi mud brownies- by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Orange Posset by Shockingly Delicious
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Pink Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats by Blogghetti
- Praline Ice Cream by Fresh April Flours
- Sponge Cake by Books n’ Cooks
- Spring Pastel Watercolor Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Turtle Layer Cake by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate Carrot Cake Tea Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.