My inspiration for Birthday Cake Ice Cream comes from Disney Magic Kingdom. This was a treat offered last summer at the Magic Kingdom park to celebrate America in the form of an “It’s a Party” sundae or Sugar Cookie Sandwich. Later this week I will share the perfect cookies to make your own ice cream sandwich!
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 ½ cups low fat milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Butter extract
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Almond extract
- ¼ cup sprinkles; red, white and blue
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and butter, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. Add the sprinkles it during the last couple of minutes to incorporate throughout the ice cream.
- For ice cream sandwiches, transfer the ice cream to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Otherwise, store the ice cream in an airtight container. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a round biscuit cutter, cut a circle of ice cream and place between two cookies. Eat immediately as ice cream will melt quickly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Pin for later!
More Patriotic Recipes!
Summer Dessert Week
Welcome to the 4th Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re celebrating all things summer with a week-long event that is absolutely filled with some of the best summer dessert recipes! Follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media to find recipes and make sure to check out the bottom of this post for even more summer desserts!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts
- CopyCat Disney Dole Whip from Big Bear’s Wife
- Tropical Icebox Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream from Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
- Fresh Peach Sorbet from Bloggetti
- Key Lime Pie Milkshakes from Love and Confections
- Lemon Corn Panna Cotta from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes
- Rainbow Tie Dye Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sour Cream Pound Cake from Savory Experiments
- Blueberry-Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake from Nik Snacks
- Slab Strawberry Shortcake from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Berry Lavender Cupcakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mini Tropical Fruit Upside Down Cakes from For the Love of Food
- Chocolate Zucchini Cream Cheese Cupcakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No Bake Treats
- Orange Creamsicle Fruit Dip from Sweet Beginnings
- Banana Split Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- No Bake Birthday Cake Bites from It’s Shanaka
- Peach Cobbler from Back To My Southern Roots
- Raspberry-Blueberry Crisps from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Blackberry Dumplings from Palatable Pastime
- S’mores Creme Brulee from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Mini Cherry Pies from Our Sutton Place
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.