My inspiration for Birthday Cake Ice Cream comes from Disney Magic Kingdom. This was a treat offered last summer at the Magic Kingdom park to celebrate America in the form of an “It’s a Party” sundae or Sugar Cookie Sandwich. Later this week I will share the perfect cookies to make your own ice cream sandwich!
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 ½ cups low fat milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Butter extract
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Almond extract
- ¼ cup sprinkles; red, white and blue
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and butter, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. Add the sprinkles it during the last couple of minutes to incorporate throughout the ice cream.
- For ice cream sandwiches, transfer the ice cream to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Otherwise, store the ice cream in an airtight container. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a round biscuit cutter, cut a circle of ice cream and place between two cookies. Eat immediately as ice cream will melt quickly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Pin for later!
More Patriotic Recipes!
Summer Dessert Week
Welcome to the 4th Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re celebrating all things summer with a week-long event that is absolutely filled with some of the best summer dessert recipes! Follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media to find recipes and make sure to check out the bottom of this post for even more summer desserts!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts
- CopyCat Disney Dole Whip from Big Bear’s Wife
- Tropical Icebox Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream from Simply Inspired Meals (this recipe)
- Fresh Peach Sorbet from Bloggetti
- Key Lime Pie Milkshakes from Love and Confections
- Lemon Corn Panna Cotta from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes
- Rainbow Tie Dye Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sour Cream Pound Cake from Savory Experiments
- Blueberry-Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake from Nik Snacks
- Slab Strawberry Shortcake from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Berry Lavender Cupcakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mini Tropical Fruit Upside Down Cakes from For the Love of Food
- Chocolate Zucchini Cream Cheese Cupcakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No Bake Treats
- Orange Creamsicle Fruit Dip from Sweet Beginnings
- Banana Split Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- No Bake Birthday Cake Bites from It’s Shanaka
- Peach Cobbler from Back To My Southern Roots
- Raspberry-Blueberry Crisps from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Blackberry Dumplings from Palatable Pastime
- S’mores Creme Brulee from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Mini Cherry Pies from Our Sutton Place
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.