Disneyland’s Big Thunder Ranch BBQ Ribs are absolutely delicious. These ribs are easy to make and fall off the bones once done. You make a homemade rub and coat the ribs the night before you plan to serve the ribs. They bake slowly and then get coated in homemade barbecue sauce. They are delicious with the rest of the Big Thunder Ranch menu and make for a great dinner anytime, even without having to barbecue.
The homemade rub from Disney is so flavorful. This rub could be used on many dishes, to season chicken or to sprinkle on pasta salads. Get creative, I think you find this is a delicious seasoning to have on hand even if you are not making ribs. I do highly recommend the ribs, they are so amazing and disappeared so quickly in our household. While this recipe does take a little time, it’s actually really easy. You just mix up the rub, season the meat, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 8 hours) and then slow bake for an hour and a half. Then, just let it rest and serve. The smell will fill your home and make your dinner guests ready to dive in the minute you serve!
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub (recipe follows)
- 1 (4-pound) rack pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub
- 2 1/2 tbsp. lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp. seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle Citrus BBQ Rub on both sides of ribs, rubbing the meat to adhere. Cover with foil. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place ribs in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet, and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from oven and uncover. Pour off any excess water. Evenly coat top of ribs with barbecue sauce. Return pan to oven and roast for 30 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover lightly with foil. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the ribs between each bone with a serrated knife. Serve immediately.
Citrus Roundup BBQ Rub
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
Recipe from Disney
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.