One of the side dishes at Big Thunder Ranch was the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue Cole Slaw. This cole slaw is pretty easy to make, it makes a huge batch and it’s really yummy. My son is not a big veggie eater and he even liked this, that’s a win in my book. This is a perfect side for your backyard barbecue.
Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue Cole Slaw Recipe
- 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 large cabbage)
- 1 pound shredded purple cabbage (about 1/2 large cabbage)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne in a blender; blend on low speed until sugar is dissolved.
- With blender running, slowly pour oil through top of lid, processing until dressing is combined. Set aside.
- Combine shredded cabbage and shredded carrots in a separate large bowl. Add dressing, tossing to combine. Refrigerate for 2 hours, tossing occasionally, before serving.
Recipe from Disney Parks Blog
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.