The Bengal Beef Skewer recipe inspired by the Disneyland Bengal Barbecue so far is our favorite recipe for the Adventureland Dinner Party menu. The meat has wonderful zesty and peppery flavor that tends a little the the hot side but is super delicious. My youngest teased he could drink it straight, and in fact he gave it a try, but I wouldn’t recommend it. This recipe is also a great make ahead option. You can prepare the marinade and cut the meat the night before your dinner and then just the cooking is left for the day of the event. Be sure to have a lot of these skewers on hand as this is popular and goes quickly, we’ve never had left overs at my house when we’ve made this recipe.
Disneyland Bengal Barbecue Bengal Beef Skewer Recipe
Sweet Zulu Sauce
- 1 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup Lite Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic
- Cornstarch as needed to thicken
- beef cut into long strips
- wooden skewers
- water for soaking skewers
Sweet Zulu Sauce
- Combine all ingredients together and cook over a low heat until bubbling and warm. Remove bay leaves.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water and slowly add to mixture to thicken as needed.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 min.
- Marinate beef in Sweet Zulu Sauce. Keep some sauce separate for later.
- Remove beef from marinade and steam until cooked through.
- Place beef on soaked skewers and grill until cooked through.
- Dip grilled beef in remaining sauce (heat if desired)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 6477mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 1gSugar: 55gProtein: 16g
Pin for later!
More Adventureland Recipes!
- Bengal BBQ Grilled Pork Sausage Skewer
- Bengal Barbecue inspired Jungle Julep
- Disneyland Bengal Barbecue Venomade drink recipe
- Disneyland Chieftain Chicken Skewer
- Disneyland Jungle Cruise Fruit Salad
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.