Beautiful Fantastic Chocolate Cookies inspired by the movie. These are super rich brownie like cookies that are perfect with tea or for after dinner dessert. These are so “fantastic” I predict they won’t last long in your house!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links.
This month the movie for Food ‘n Flix Club is This Beautiful Fantastic. I will admit that I didn’t expect to like this movie, but it wasn’t bad. There is quite a bit of food throughout the movie but the inspiration that I choose was based on the first meeting of our main character with her neighbors. She was offered chocolate cookies and the cook told her he used 85% cocoa and oat bran, and that was the trick to making them good. My Beautiful Fantastic Cookies use a LOT of chocolate and oat bran I created by grinding up Cracklin’ Oat Bran cereal.
The movie is about an awkward girl who is obsessive about order in her life. This has caused her to be alone and she actually seems pretty happy. One of her quirks is to order the food on her plate. For example, I recall once scene where she has alternated pieces of carrots and peas around the edge of her plate, perfectly spaced. She is also terrified of the outdoors. This fear is ultimately what leads her to a much happier life filled with people she loves and who love her in return.
Food ‘n Flix Club
This month All Roads Lead to the Kitchen is hosting the Food ‘n Flix club. They selected This Beautiful Fantastic as the movie this month. We are asked to watch the film and then create a recipe inspired by the movie.
You can find the round up of all the recipes inspired by this meal at All Roads Lead to the Kitchen.
Beautiful Fantastic Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- 18 oz. chocolate chips, mixture of dark and semi-sweet
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oat bran (Cracklin’ Oat Bran)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Crush Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal to make oat bran for the cookies.
- Combine butter and chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter and chocolate melt, cool.
- Combine flour, oat bran, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture, beating well. Add chocolate mixture, beat well.
- Drop dough by 2 tablespoons at least 1 inch apart onto a prepared baking sheet (parchment paper or silicone mat).
- Bate at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Pin for later!
Who doesn’t love cookies? They are one of my favorite go to desserts as they travel well so work great in lunches or for road trips. Cookies are also easy to make, freeze and just bake the number of cookies you want so they are warm and fresh straight out of the oven. Yum!
- Dad’s Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Ranger Cookies – The best oatmeal cookie recipe!
- Ghostbusters Rice Krispy Treat
- Rugelach #BakeAlong Challenge
- Decadent Salted Caramel Brownie
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.