These BB-8 Orange Scones are inspired by the Star Wars droid BB-8. I decided on orange because of the orange coloring on the droid. The large cookie scoop is perfect to make the bottom circle and then a small cookie scoop for his head. I cut those and shaped them to fit on top and not lose the circular shape. I used his orange paint as inspiration for orange flavor.
I used a little glaze to accent his circles and designs. They are not perfect, but they are delicious and I think get the theme across. I think these are a great way to start of the celebration for Star Wars Day… and May the 4th Be With You!
BB-8 Orange Scones Recipe
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ tsp white vinegar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp salt
- zest from one orange
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Stir together milk and vinegar; set aside.
- Stir together butter and ½ cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and next three ingredients; stir into butter mixture alternating with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, until dry ingredients are moistened
- Add orange zest and stir until well distributed
- Using large cookie scoop, scoop one circle of batter onto cookie sheet. Using small cookie scoop, scoop a small circle out, cut about ¾ from bottom and set on top of the large circle of batter to make BB-8's head.
- Repeat until all batter is used
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- While scones are cooling, mix the confectioner's sugar and orange juice together. Add more of either until you get a thick consistency that can hold it's shape when put it onto the scone.
- When the scones are cool, pipe the glaze onto the scones to resemble the shapes on BB-8.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Southern Living Our Readers Top Rated Recipe book
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.