This month’s #BakingBloggers theme is Baked Pasta. I must admit that other than a traditional lasagna, I’ve never really made much in the baked pasta department. I started looking for inspiration and surprisingly found it in the Walking Dead. I decided to make Baked Spaghetti as this is a meal that keeps showing up on the show, in one form or another.
The Walking Dead has been one of my favorite shows. There have been numerous references to spaghetti in the show, from canned spaghetti rings, spaghetti dinner that Negan makes for Rick’s family and the dinner Aaron and Eric fix to recruit Darryl into a job for Alexandria.
I also love the idea of a make ahead dish that I can pop in the oven for an easy weeknight meal. I also customized this dish for my family. My youngest is not a huge melted cheese fan and this dish has enough to make everyone else happy without turning him away. It has amazing flavor but not too much onion and garlic which can bother me. It’s perfect and a dish we will be making again and again.
Pin for later!Yum
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt, optional: sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in garlic powder, oregano, fresh basil, salt, pepper and marinara sauce.
- Combine mozzarella cheese, yogurt, and egg and fold into the cooked noodles. Spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan Cheese. Spoon beef mixture on top of the noodles and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Baked Mac and Cheese with Corn by Anybody Can Bake
- Baked Mexican Chicken Spaghetti by Sneha’s Recipe
- Cavatini by Palatable Pastime
- Cheesy Artichoke Ravioli Casserole by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesy Vegetable Pasta Bake by Cook with Renu
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta Bake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Giouvetsi by Pandemonium Noshery
- Macarona Bechamel (Egyptian Baked Pasta) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Meatless Lasagna by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom And Artichoke Pasta Bake by Oventales
- Rakott teszta (Hungarian Layered Noodles) by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Sausage and Spinach Lasagna by Cookaholic Wife
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Macaroni and Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turkey Ham Mac and Cheese by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Turkey Tetrazzini by Reviews, Chews & How-Tos
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.