Tasty and easy oven Baked Parmesan Cracker Chicken Tenders using saltine crackers and Parmesan Cheese. This is a twist on an old favorite that will have your family saying “Yum”.
We all need easy recipes that make for quick week night dinners and this one fits the bill. I love that I was able to customize this to fit our tastes. For instance, we are trying to have less salt in our diet. Given the salt on the saltine crackers, I didn’t feel the need to add additional to this recipe and I was right, they are full of flavor without the added salt.
There are not a lot of steps to this recipe so prep goes pretty quickly. First I chopped up the crackers in my mini food processor and combined that with the Parmesan cheese in a shallow pie plate. Next I prepared the chicken. We decided to pound our chicken breasts flat first as they were quite large. This step is up to you as needed. Then I sliced the chicken breasts into strips. In a separate pie dish, gently whisk two eggs together. To finish the prep, drag each chicken strip through the egg to cover it, then through the cracker and cheese mixture, again, making sure it is covered, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until done and serve.
These chicken tenders match nicely with a variety of dipping sauces. Our family tried ranch dressing, barbecue sauce and blue cheese dressing. Another great option with be honey mustard dipping sauce.
If you have leftovers, these would be perfect to add to your favorite salad, or use as a substitute for the chicken in the Royal Street Chicken Salad. Add a side dish of Holiday Spinach Pecan Salad and your meal is complete.
Improv Cooking Challenge: January 2020
This months #ImprovCookingChallenge was to use crackers and cheese. I must admit I could not come up with a creative idea for this combination of ingredients. I’ve watched so many of those cooking challenge shows that I couldn’t bear to just leave one of the ingredients as is, such as a cheese and crackers board, even though those are delicious. Then I landed on cheesecake but given we all just had the holidays, another sweet didn’t sound right either. Finally I thought of using the crackers and cheese as a coating for chicken and this recipe was born.
Ingredients: Cheese and Crackers
Check out what the other bloggers have made!
- Baked Parmesan Cracker Chicken Tenders by Simply Inspired Meals
- Brie and Havarti Crackers by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cracker Crumb Topped Fennel & Carrot Quiche by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Homemade Cheese Crackers by Cookaholic Wife
- Oven-Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders by Palatable Pastime
- Seasoned Keto Crackers by Our Good Life
- Marinated Goat Cheese Spread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Boursin Garlic and Herb Cheese Spread by Pandemonium Noshery
- Savory Cheddar Herb Cheesecake by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cheesy Turkey Casserole by Making Miracles
- Olives & Cheese Crackers by Sneha’s Recipe
Baked Parmesan Cracker Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup saltine crackers, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 14 oz chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Dipping Sauce of your choice, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Crush crackers in food processor. Combine with Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish or pie plate.
- In shallow dish or pie plate, beat egg. Dip each chicken tender into egg, then coat with cracker cheese mixture then place on the pan. Repeat until all chicken is coated. Sprinkle extra cracker cheese mixture over the top of the strips, if desired.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Test with a thermometer that it is at least 165°F. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice (optional).
Pin for later!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Want to get new recipes from Simply Inspired Meals directly to your email? Subscribe to our newsletter and you will be notified when more recipes are added.