I have been making this Apple Crisp, or slight variation of it, since I was a little girl. I received a cookbook for kids and this was my very favorite recipe in it. I’ve tried many recipes over the years, but this one remains my go to recipe, I don’t even bother trying others anymore. In addition to this being fantastically delicious, it is incredibly easy. Minus peeling and cutting up the apples, the rest comes together in minutes. It’s addictive it’s so good, it’s very difficult to resist eating it all when it is in the house.
Apples are one of my favorite fruits. They are something we eat year round. This recipe feels like fall, so that is when we make it most often. Plus we can visit the local apple orchards and get fresh apples off the tree to make batches of this come September. Irresistible.
Apple Crisp Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup cold butter
- 4 cups apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ lemon, juice squeezed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix the sugar, flour and oats together. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into the mixture.
- Core, peel and slice the apples. Fill a square 8 x 8 pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine water, lemon juice and vanilla and then pour over the top of the apples and spices. Cover entire top of apples with the topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
Adapted from Betty Crocker’s Girls and Boys Cookbook
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 2g
October is National Apple Month. I’m hosting Foodie Extravaganza and have asked other talented bloggers to come up with apple recipes to celebrate. We also have many other fantastic apple recipes on this site. Give some of these a try as well!
- Apple Crisp by Simply Inspired Meals
- Cider-braised Pig Cheeks with Apples by Food Lust People Love
- Crock Pot Apple Butter by Making Miracles
- Double Apple Beignets by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pork Tenderloin with Bacon, Apple, and Gruyère by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pot Roast with Apples and Onions by A Day in the Life on the Farm/
- Vegan & Sugar Free Oats & Apple Porridge by Sneha’s Recipe
Pin for later!
Sign up for the best recipes and menus!
By clicking subscribe, you agree to share your email address with the site owner and Mailchimp to receive marketing, updates, and other emails from the site owner. Use the unsubscribe link in those emails to opt out at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission from sales made through those links. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.